MIS takes the safety of its students extremely seriously and we pride ourselves to ensure that
every pupil in our care is safe at all times. The digital world is a huge part of people’s life, IT and
online communications can provide beneficial, valuable support for learning, opportunities and
education, however at times the internet may pose a significant risk to young people.
Our students are therefore taught about the potential risks that may arise online and are taught
how to limit them; these risks may include but are not limited to:
Roles and responsibilities
1. School administration is responsible for the approval of this policy and is committed to
renewing it for effectiveness.
2. Designated member of staff who takes responsibility that E-safety rules are implemented
Mariya International School
3. Schools firewalls are up to date
4. Students are not allowed to use the internet without supervision
5. Staff are adequately trained about e-safety
6. Staff are aware of the schools procedures and policies that should be followed in the
event of a breach of E-safety
7. School academic coordinators ensure that this policy is upheld by all members of staff,
including teachers, the wider school community and works well with the schools IT
8. The school is committed to be up to date with the governments laws and regulations
regarding internet use
9. School provides a safe infrastructure and keeps up with the rapid succession of technical
10. School has a specialist IT department , who is responsible of the schools hardware
systems ,date and its security
11. All staff who work with student whilst using the internet must demonstrate , promote and
support safe behaviors and ensure the implementation of the schools E-safety procedures
12. The school is dedicated to providing a safe environment for students and we promote a
talking and listening culture amongst our students, so they are free to express themselves
and bring to each other and the schools attention any E-safety issues that may occur
13. Staff have a responsibility to report any concerns related to E-safety
14. Pupils are expected to adhere to school rules regarding E-safety
15. Students are advised not to ever share usernames and passwords
16. This policy will be reviewed each term for its effectiveness
17. Schools IT department are responsible the students cannot use schools computers for any
inappropriate access of websites , providing essential filters and firewalls
18. Safe use of digital and video images
19. Staff should inform and educate pupils about risk associated with sharing , publishing
,distributing images or videos online, and recognize the risks associated with doing so
20. Everybody should respect each other’s privacy and not take or share pictures of each
other without permission, this includes parents that attend school , they should not take
photos of any child that is not their own without the consent of the child’s parents
Mariya International School first aid policy is a whole school policy applicable for both boys and
girls sections at the school. This policy ensures that, every student and member of staff, together
with on-site visitors, will be properly looked after during the event of any accident or illness.
MIS school has two qualified doctors and fully functional clinics in both girls and boys sections
at the school. The school clinics can be accessed during school hours, this clinic is available for
students and members of staff.
The school clinics provide the following care:
School management will ensure the following:
The management of Mariya International School Jubail, recognizes the importance of ensuring
that the students, staff and anybody who visits our school is safe during their time at the school,
this includes those who also use the schools buses. Protecting the health and safety for all who
are involved in the school activities is of the upmost importance of the schools management.
The schools health and safety responsibilities are brought to the attention of all employees, this
policy ensures the following conditions are met:
Carry out regular assessments in the school to identify proportionate and pragmatic
solutions to manage and reduce risk.
This Health and Safety Policy will be reviewed by the schools management annually to revise, and
implement any necessary changes in the school, and be up to date with current legislation’s in the
kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Mariya International Schools Jubail is part of an ever growing, ever
changing inclusive and diverse community based here in the Industrial City
of Jubail with over 200,000 expats, including the local Saudi Arabian
population. Our School rules are intended to promote the safety, happiness
and well-being of all of our students and staff. All students are expected to
follow the school rules and respect each other, adhering to the code of
All of these expectations also include your online interactions whilst using
the internet, social media and mobile phones, whether in school, on the
school bus or elsewhere.
Breaches of the school rules can be serious and lead to other
consequences, however such breaches are a rare occurrence at our
We would like to encourage the best codes of conduct at all times in the
creating of a safe school environment for all, at all times in and out of
School Principal – Boys Section
Mr Murdhi Al-Muhaiza
Mariya International School Jubail prides itself on the quality of education and teaching and the
school hopes that complaints will be rare. However, there may be some occasions where
parents have a cause to complain to the school. This policy will give guidance and assurance to
parents that all complaints are handled promptly, appropriately and fairly. MIS respects the
views of all of our students and their families, and we make sure every complaint is dealt with
seriously and sensitively.
Who to contact:
In the vast majority of cases MIS will resolve the issue quickly to the parents’ satisfaction.
Many Thanks for your support .